Start a Fundraiser
(1) Create your online campaign using one of the fundraising options provided below. (Note: You will need to be prepared to upload a picture.)
(2) Personalize your donation page and send the link to your networks by email, Facebook, or other media. Remind visitors to your page that all donations are tax deductible!
NOTE: If you use one of the options above, donors will be able to view the campaign and make donations securely by credit card without visiting the M4CF website. As an alternative, you may refer donors directly to the M4CF Donate page, where they can review how donations are utilized and/or contribute securely by credit card or check.
- The most effective way to motivate your potential donors is to SHOW YOUR PASSION.
- A PERSONAL STORY on why you joined Team 65ROSES carries tremendous weight when shared with others.
- Pictures speak a thousand words; add a PHOTO to your message.
- DIVERSIFY YOUR LIST: Expand your reach by going outside your immediate circle of family and friends. Look at your neighbors, clients, vendors, corporate partners, Facebook friends, etc… and give them an opportunity to give back. You will be surprised who has been touched by CF at some point in their life!
- TRY HUMOR: You are not asking your donors to train and run a half marathon themselves -- just for their financial support as you take on the challenge.
- RULE OF THUMB: Ask 3 times. People need reminders! Pace your fundraising as you would your training: (1) start out with your initial message and request, (2) follow-up in 2 weeks with a revised message that includes any training updates or inspirational news, along with your request, and (3) 7-10 days prior to the event, update them again and include a final request.
- SHOW YOUR THANKS: Customize your “thank you” message with a special note, along with writing thank you notes to those that donated via cash or check. When the event is finished, send a group “thank you” to everyone who contributed, including an “I did it!” message!