If you could give them longer, stronger lives, you'd do it, wouldn't you?
You can help Miles for Cystic Fibrosis help CF families in need, support research toward a cure and encourage the kind of physically active lifestyle that can lengthen and strengthen lives.
Use this race to fundraise for Miles for Cystic Fibrosis, the charity that brings you the Big Peach Sizzler each year. When you fundraise with us, you become part of Team 65ROSES!
What do you have to do?
Create a passionate and effective fund-raising campaign on Race Roster (coming soon) to reach your goal!
1. Ask your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers and others to donate to Miles for Cystic Fibrosis on behalf of your race effort.
2. Run the race (well, that is actually optional, but fun!)
There are two ways to submit your donations:
- When you register for the Sizzler as a runner/walker, virtual runner, or volunteer, Race Roster automatically sets up a fundraising page for you! Edit your own fundraising website on Race Roster, (coming soon) the Big Peach Sizzler 10K registration site. Your friends will be able to donate securely by credit card. Click here for the simple instructions to set up an individual or a team campaign. Send your link to your network of friends and family through email or social media, and watch the donations start coming in!
- Collect cash donations and checks made payable to Miles for Cystic Fibrosis and bring them with you on the day of the race, or mail them to Miles for Cystic Fibrosis, PO Box 2984, Tucker, GA 30085.
Here's a little incentive for you (as if supporting longer, stronger lives for children and adults living with CF is not enough!):
- Raise $565 - run the Big Peach Sizzler for free! We'll refund your 2018 registration cost and fees.
- Raise $1565 - You'll receive a free pair of running shoes (up to $150 value).
Fundraising Hints: Things to keep in mind as you launch your fundraising campaign!
- The most effective way to motivate your potential donors is to SHOW YOUR PASSION!
- A PERSONAL STORY on why you are fundraising carries tremendous weight when shared with others!
Pictures speak a thousand words; add a PHOTO to your request!
- DIVERSIFY YOUR LIST: Expand your reach by going outside your immediate circle of family and friends!
- Look at your neighbors, clients, vendors, Facebook friends, etc… and give them an opportunity to give back. You’ll be surprised who has been touched by CF at some point in their life!
- TRY HUMOR: You’re not asking your donors to train and run a half marathon themselves, just their financial support as you take on the challenge!
- RULE OF THUMB: Ask 3 times; people need reminders! Pace your fundraising as you would your training: start out with your initial message and request; then follow-up in 2 weeks with a revised message that includes any training updates or inspirational news, along with your request; then 7 to 10 days from the event, update them again and include a final request. And don’t forget the “I Did It!” message after the event.
- SHOW YOUR THANKS: Customize your “thank you” message with a special note from you, along with writing thank you notes to those that donated via cash or check. Then, when the event is finished, send a group “thank you” message to everyone who contributed. That will be your “I did it!” message.
Back to: Big Peach Sizzler 10K Home