Make your 5K or 10K race even more meaningful. If you could give them longer, stronger lives, you'd do it, wouldn't you?
Use this race to fundraise for Miles for Cystic Fibrosis, the charity that brings you the Big Peach Sizzler each year. When you fundraise with us,, you help CF families in need, support research toward a cure and encourage the kind of physically active lifestyle that can lengthen and strengthen lives.
Two Ways to Fundraise with us
- Create a fundraising campaign on our Race Roster Big Peach Sizzler registration page. When you register for the Sizzler as a runner/walker, virtual runner, or volunteer, Race Roster automatically sets up a fundraising page for you! Customize your page with a photo and message about your campaign, then send it through email or social media to friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, and others to donate securely by credit card. Click for the simple instructions how to set up your page and how to share your page. All fundraisers who share personalized pages become qualified for a chance to win a Big Peach Running Co. gift card.
- Join our fundraising team, 65ROSES. Qualify for incentive prizes and earn free entry to the Big Peach Sizzler with a low fundraising commitment of $200 for the 10K and $100 for the 5K. Annual membership fee is only $35 to cover expenses and includes
Free entryto Sizzler with additional benefits
Invitation to private FB group
Personalized support and tools to facilitate fundraising efforts
Click here for more details and to sign up for Team 65ROSES.
Remember, all donations are tax deductible as allowable by law!
Fundraising Hints: Things to keep in mind as you launch your fundraising campaign!
- The most effective way to motivate your potential donors is to SHOW YOUR PASSION!
- A PERSONAL STORY on why you are fundraising carries tremendous weight when shared with others!
Pictures speak a thousand words; add a PHOTO to your request!
- DIVERSIFY YOUR LIST: Expand your reach by going outside your immediate circle of family and friends!
- Look at your neighbors, clients, vendors, Facebook friends, etc… and give them an opportunity to give back. You’ll be surprised who has been touched by CF at some point in their life!
- TRY HUMOR: You’re not asking your donors to train and run a half marathon themselves, just their financial support as you take on the challenge!
- RULE OF THUMB: Ask 3 times; people need reminders! Pace your fundraising as you would your training: start out with your initial message and request; then follow-up in 2 weeks with a revised message that includes any training updates or inspirational news, along with your request; then 7 to 10 days from the event, update them again and include a final request. And don’t forget the “I Did It!” message after the event.
- SHOW YOUR THANKS: Customize your “thank you” message with a special note from you, along with writing thank you notes to those that donated via cash or check. Then, when the event is finished, send a group “thank you” message to everyone who contributed. That will be your “I did it!” message.
Back to: Big Peach Sizzler 10K Home