Donations raised by Team 65ROSES are used for BreatheStrong exercise grants to pay for healthy physical activities for people living with CF, and to help local CF families in need of emergency financial assistance and support research toward a cure,
Team 65ROSES members can get free entry into our Partner Races by fundraising.
There are three ways to submit your donations:
- Create your online campaign by using the "Start a Fundraiser" button. Personalize your donation page and send the link to your page to your donors by email, Facebook, or other media. Your donors will be able to view the campaign and make a donation securely by credit card without visiting our website. It's so easy! Note: You will need to upload a picture to your page as part of the first step in creating your own fundraising page.
- Collect cash donations and checks made payable to Miles for Cystic Fibrosis. Mail the donations to Miles for Cystic Fibrosis, PO Box 2984, Tucker, GA 30085.
- Refer your donors to our Donate link, where they can contribute securely by credit card. Tell them to be sure to enter your name in the tribute space provided.
Fundraising Hints: Things to keep in mind as you launch your fundraising campaign!
- The most effective way to motivate your potential donors is to SHOW YOUR PASSION!
- A PERSONAL STORY on why you joined Team 65ROSES carries tremendous weight when shared with others!
- Pictures speak a thousand words; add a PHOTO to your message.
- DIVERSIFY YOUR LIST: Expand your reach by going outside your immediate circle of family and friends! Look at your neighbors, clients, vendors, Facebook friends, etc… and give them an opportunity to give back. You’ll be surprised who has been touched by CF at some point in their life!
- TRY HUMOR: You’re not asking your donors to train and run a half marathon themselves, just their financial support as you take on the challenge!
- RULE OF THUMB: Ask 3 times; people need reminders! Pace your fundraising as you would your training: start out with your initial message and request; then follow-up in 2 weeks with a revised message that includes any training updates or inspirational news, along with your request; then 7 to 10 days from the event, update them again and include a final request. And don’t forget the “I Did It!” message after the event.
- SHOW YOUR THANKS: Customize your “thank you” message with a special note from you, along with writing thank you notes to those that donated via cash or check. Then, when the event is finished, send a group “thank you” message to everyone who contributed. This will be your“I did it!” message.
Back to: Team 65ROSES Home