Atlanta Track Club's Fun Run and Dash
Be Healthy Georgia Festival in conjuction with the Publix Georgia Marathon and Half-Marathon
March 20, 2016
Kids 14 and under can run or walk with the Rosebuds team in the Be Healthy Georgia One Mile or Dash that is part of the Publix Georgia Marathon and Half-Marathon in Centennial Park in Atlanta. NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO 5K THIS YEAR!
Make it a family affair! The adventurous ones in your family can run with Team 65ROSES in the Marathon or Half-Marathon while the kids enjoy their own race! Miles for Cystic Fibrosis will have a tent and finish line party in Centennial Park after the race for a place to gather and celebrate your accomplishment! Everybody can be a CF Superhero!
Kids will get to run across the same finish line as the marathoners and half-marathoners, and all participants will get a SWEET finisher medal.
Date: Sunday, March 20
Time: 8 a.m. for One Mile Fun Run; 8:30 a.m. for 50 Meter Dash
Be sure to arrive early!
Location: Centennial Olympic Park - Amphitheatre Park Concert Stage
(Marietta St & Centennial Olympic Pak Dr. NW, Atlanta, GA)
Distance: Ages 7-14 one mile
Ages 6 and under 50 meter dash
To register for the race or get more info from the official race site click here! Be sure to choose “Rosebuds” from the drop-down list of school/group names. Note, if Rosebuds has not yet been added to the list, please enter "Rosebuds" in the block marked "other." Free online registration is open through March 16, and free race day registration is available too.
Why is is so important to register as part of team Rosebuds? We can WIN money for our cause of "kids helping kids with cystic fibrosis" by just showing up! The more people on our team, the better chance we have to win $750 - $1500 for Rosebuds! Sign up and bring your siblings, cousins, neighbors, and friends!
Day of Event Logistics:
- Team 65ROSES/Rosebuds will have a tent in the charity/group area at Centennial Olympic Park (near the corner of Marietta St. and Park Ave. W NW, across from the Embassy Suites Hotel) Come early for group photo! You can turn in cash/check donations and get your CF Superhero T-shirt and/or cape.
- Packet pick-up and family fun zone area will be located at the Amphitheatre Park Concert Stage in the south end of the park near the intersection of Centennial Park Drive and Marietta Street.
- After the race, a DJ will keep the beat going and there will be fun and games with Georgia's pro spots teams, mascots, and more.
- Be sure to come back to the Miles for Cystic Fibrosis tent area afterwards to join the celebration!
- Help us meet our Rosebuds goal of raising $10,000 for Miles for Cystic Fibrosis, to help CF families in need and to help fund research toward a cure!
- We encourage each Rosebud to raise at least $65 for Miles for Cystic Fibrosis.
- Collect donations from friends and family – you can keep track using this sample donation log.
- You can make your own free, customized webpage – it’s easy! Click hereto learn how and to get fundraising tips.
- Collect $65 in donations and earn a CF Superhero T-shirt; collect $165 in donations and earn a superhero cape! We'll have other cool prizes for top fundraisers, including tickets to top Atlanta venues.
If you already have a Rosebud Superhero T-shirt or a cape of your own, be sure to wear it to race day!
Stay tuned for the next 2016 Rosebuds event!
Back to: CF Superhero Rosebuds Home